WE DO NOT COMPROMISE
WITH YOUR PRIVACY
We design all of our products and services with your privacy in mind. We involve experts from various fields, including legal, security, engineering, product design and othersto make sure that no decision is taken without respect for your privacy.
WE STRIVE TO BE TRANSPARENT IN THE WAY WE PROCESS YOUR DATA
LOCALS.ORG, INC. (“WE,” “OUR,” “US”) IS COMMITTED
Acceptance of the Privacy
What Personal Information
Do We Collect?
Personal information means information or opinion about an individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable (whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form). Personal Information includes any information that may be used, either alone or in combination with other information, to personally identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a personal profile, an email address or other contact information.
We may collect and use different kinds of information in the course of providing the Services which we have grouped together as follows:
- Contact information: includes your name, age, phone number, email address and your physical address;
- Transaction information: includes details about donations you made through the App or
the bids that you post;
- Profile information: includes
your User Content;
- Sensitive information: includes information regarding your racial or ethnic origin, religious and philosophical beliefs, political or sexual orientation information, and other sensitive information;
- Technical information: includes username and passwords, internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type, time zone setting and location, third party access tokens and other technology on the devices you use to access the Service;
- Usage information: includes information about how you use the Service, the types of Content you interact with, the frequency and duration of time that you use the App’s products and services; and any other platforms from which you link to us;
- Content information: this includes the content of communications, people you are connected to and how you interact with them (such as people you communicate with or groups that you select to join), and your preferences and choices;
- Marketing information: includes your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us; and any other personal information that you provide to us either directly or indirectly when using the Service.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit CCPA Privacy Notice for California Residents.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our SERVICE that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected]
Children Under the Age of 13
The Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
California residents under 16 years of age may
have additional rights regarding the collection
and sale of their personal information. Please see
“Your California Privacy Rights” above for more
How Do We Collect Your
We will collect personal information directly from you wherever it is reasonable and practical to do so. We may collect personal information from you via:
- your use and access of the Service, including during your registration as a User and when you post or bid on Offers;
- your response to any surveys or
marketing materials we send out;
- information and recommendations uploaded to the Service by yourself or by other Users; and
- interactions between yourself, other
users of the Service, and our staff.
We may also collect your personal information from third parties including:
- third parties who provide services to us that help us provide our services to you;
- through other third parties using the Service that provide information about you; and
- other third parties who provide
services via the Service.
Why Do We Collect Your
We provide a platform where Hosts can offer special experiences to other Users, and Users can bid for Offers. To achieve this goal, we collect your personal information:
- to assess the performance of the Service and to improve the services we provide;
- to deliver targeted content based on user profiling and location;
- to record your likes and preferences, for better navigation and Service functionality;
- to process and respond to a complaint or request you may make;
- to contact you in relation to our Services, particularly if we believe there are any particular Offers you might be interested in; or
- for the provision of services or the administration of our business (including fulfilling and exercising our obligations and rights, exercising or defending legal claims
and managing the relationship with you).
The legal basis for collecting and using
personal information will depend on the specific
circumstances in which it is collected. However,
we will collect personal information from you where:
- you have given consent for our use of the personal information for one or more purposes;
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party;
- it is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by us and those interests are balanced against your rights to information privacy (e.g., to communicate useful content updates); or
- we have legal obligations that we need to comply with, and are allowed to use your personal information in order to comply with such legal obligations.
How Do We Use Your
We may use the personal information we collect
from you to:
- notify you about any changes in or to the Service or our services;
- fulfill our legal obligations and respond
to any litigation or law enforcement/
- insure that the Service is presented to you in the most efficient manner for you and us;
- improve the design and performance
of the Service;
- deliver to you communications, emails, newsletters and marketing materials from us and third parties as you request them or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- allow you to participate in any interactive features of the Service, when you choose
to do so;
- administer the Service and keep
it safe and secure;
- facilitate internal operations, including research, statistics, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, survey and similar purposes;
- share it with third party service providers (as we describe in more detail below);
- disclose as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or property that belongs to you or others; or (d) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that
we may sustain;
- evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or
other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred;
- fulfil any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- otherwise, with your consent.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Who May We Disclose Your Personal Information To?
- technology partners in connection with services that these third parties perform for us;
- our lawyers, accountants, professional advisors, and other third-party service providers;
- to our affiliates;
- to law enforcement authorities where we are required to do so by law or pursuant to a legal process, or when we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary or appropriate to
prevent harm in connection to a
suspected illegal activity; or
- to any entity in the event that we sell or
transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to require that the transferee uses the personal information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent
Personal information collected within the European Union may be transferred to and processed by third parties located in a country outside of the European Union. In such instances, we shall ensure that the transfer of such personal information is carried out in accordance with applicable privacy laws and, in particular, that appropriate contractual, technical, and organizational measures are in place.
Except as otherwise set forth in this Privacy
Policy, we will not provide access to your personal
information to third parties for any purpose.
What if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the persona
l information we need, you will not be able to use the Service to place Offers or bid on Offers, and we may not be able to provide you with targeted content and relevant information.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection
As you interact with the Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to the Service, including the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and
the resources that you access and
use on the Service;
- information about your computer, mobile device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type, device’s unique device identifier, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number;
- real-time information about the
location of your device; and
- metadata and other information associated
with other files stored on your device, such as photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
The information we collect automatically
is only statistical data and does not include
personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect
in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps
us to improve the Service and to deliver a better
and more personalized service, including
by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Service according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to the Service.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Service may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information
automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
If you do not want us to collect this information from you, you may opt out at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer at [email protected] [Note, however, that opting out of the App’s collection of location information will disable its location-based features.] [We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking).]
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Service may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer at [email protected]
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting our Privacy Officer at [email protected] or by using the opt out mechanism included in such advertisements.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to our Privacy Officer at [email protected]. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
The personal information you provide to us is stored on servers that are located in secured facilities with restricted access, and protected by protocols and procedures designed to ensure reasonable security of such information. In addition, we restrict access to user personal information to those of our employees, independent contractors and agents who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and maintain the Service. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Although we take commercially reasonable measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of your information, no e-commerce platform, application, website, electronic database or other format or system is completely secure and, for this reason, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. You can help protect your personal information by using a combination of letters, numbers and characters in your password, changing your password often, using a secure web browser, and signing off from the Service when you are finished with its use.
When we collect or transmit sensitive information, we use industry standard methods to protect that information.
We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Access and Correction of Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Service and
visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your comments or contributions from the Service, copies of your User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or they might have been copied or stored by other Users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Service, including User Content, is governed by our Terms.
You may also contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected] if you wish to obtain further information regarding our privacy practices
and the way we handle your personal
Subject to certain limitations and restrictions (e.g. depending on circumstances such as where you reside) you may have the right to exercise additional rights in relation to your personal information. These may include the right to:
- request erasure of your personal information;
- object to processing of your personal information;
- request restriction of processing of your personal information;
- transfer your personal information (i.e. the right to data portability);
- not be subject to automatic decision making; or
- withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise or obtain details of any of the rights set out above, please contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected] The Privacy Officer may require further information in order to assess the applicability of the right to the relevant circumstances.
Additional Services and
Links to Other Sites
We take your privacy concerns seriously. If you have a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information or concerning our privacy practices, you may file a complaint with our Privacy Officer at [email protected]. Our Privacy Officer will confirm receipt of your complaint. If our Privacy Officer believes an investigation is necessary, we will open an investigation into your complaint. Our Privacy Officer may need to contact you to request further details of your complaint. If an investigation has been opened following a complaint made by you, our Privacy Officer will contact you with the result of that complaint as soon as possible. In the unlikely circumstances we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you may be able to may contact the local privacy and data protection authorities.
Email: [email protected]
Address: Locals.org, Inc, 8 The Green,
Suite #10745, Dover, DE 19901